View the Sidewalk Committee calendar.
Meetings are typically held on the second Wednesday of each month at 7:00 PM.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to each meeting.
Minutes are available following approval
View the Committee Membership List
The Sidewalk Committee is an advisory committee reporting to the Board of Selectmen. Using criteria developed by the Committee in its first year, the Committee created and continues to maintain a priority list a sidewalk projects to be constructed in Acton.
The Sidewalk Committee maintains the sidewalk priority list and the sidewalk designing guidelines. The Committee works to facilitate the construction of projects on the priority list by addressing funding issues, providing feedback and advice to Town staff, and working with concerned citizens and other Town boards interested in sidewalk issues.
The Committee may review proposed development projects and provide input to the Planning Board or Board of Selectmen regarding sidewalks. The Committee may make recommendations to the Board of Selectmen on various sidewalk related policies.
- Great Road (Davis to Main)
- High Street (77 to Parker)
- Great Road (Main to Woodvale)
- Summer (Central to Willow)
- Taylor Road
- Parts of Stow and Maple (in conjunction with Train Station)
- Willow St (Kingman to Central)
- Main St (2A to Ledge Rock Way, plus gap beyond)
- Great Road (Harris to Nonset by Nagog)
- Parker St (High to Drummer)
- Piper (tied)
- River (plus Chadwick) (tied)
- Sidewalk Design Guidelines - April 2010
- Considerations for Sidewalk Tree Plantings
- Sidewalk Committee Report
- Sidewalk Committee Report Addendum - November 2009
- Sidewalk Criteria Sheets
- Sidewalk Cost Report (43 MB)
- Beacon Article