Acton Dog Park Committee
The purpose of the Acton Dog Park Committee is to consider construction of an accessible dog park in Acton.
- Consider whether Acton needs or would benefit from a dog park.
- Investigate and document the perceived benefits and drawbacks of establishing a dog park in Acton.
- Define the characteristics beneficial to a dog park location, consider the pros and cons of potential sites, and identify the most suitable location from available Acton lands.
- Identify elements that would be included in the park (features, design, and specifications). Pay specific attention to accessibility and inclusiveness and to the requirements from potential grant funding sources.
- Identify funding sources.
- Describe the logistics of maintaining and managing the park.
- Engage and educate the public.
- Present findings to the Board of Selectmen.
The Dog Park Committee shall be composed of five (5) full members (voting) and two (2) associate members (non-voting, except when needed to complete a quorum of members), all appointed by the Board of Selectmen. Both Full and Associate members
shall serve one-year terms. The membership will be comprised of Acton dog owners, representing small, medium, and large breeds, as different-sized breeds have distinct needs. Members having a background in canine behavior, such as veterinary medicine, training, or the like, would be highly valuable.
The Board of Selectmen will designate a liaison to the Dog Park Committee.