West Acton Sewer Action Advisory Committee
Contact:472 Main St.
Acton, MA 01720
Please check the calendar for official meeting postings.
Agendas are available before each meeting.
Agendas & Minutes
Minutes are available following approval.
Members View the Committee Membership List
The purpose of the West Acton Sewer Action Advisory Committee is to examine the physical and financial feasibility of sewering for property owners within the identified West Acton Sewer District area; to take into account the economic, environmental, historical and social factors that would be impacted by the construction of sewers; to recommend to the Board of Selectmen any future Town Meeting actions in this regard; and to educate the public on the topic so they can make an informed decision at Town Meeting. For the purpose of this investigation, sewering may be deemed to be an extension of the Fort Pond Brook Sewer District and/or the creation of a separate sewer infrastructure and district.
The membership of the committee should include the following:
- Representation from the Acton-Boxborough Regional Schools
- Representation from the Board of Selectmen (this member has historically chaired this committee)
- Representation from the Finance Committee
- Representation from the Planning Board
- Representation from the West Acton business community
- Representation from the proposed West Acton Sewer District (resident)
- Representation from the West Acton area
- Representation from the existing Fort Pond Brook Sewer District or experience on a past Acton sewer committee
- Representation from the broader Acton citizenry
- Expertise in civil engineering or a related field