Commission on Disabilities
472 Main St.
Acton, MA 01720
Phone: (978) 264-9615
Fax: (978) 264-9630
View the Commission on Disabilities Calendar
Meetings are typically held on the third Tuesday from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM. Our meetings are "scent-free" out of consideration for others present. Please do not wear heavy amounts of perfume or cologne, or strongly scented hair and deodorant products.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available before each meeting.
Minutes are available following approval.
View the Committee Membership List
The Commission on Disability's (COD) mission is to make Acton a better place to live by:
- Advocating for the rights and interests of citizens with disabilities and their families
- Ensuring that Acton meets the laws, regulations, and guidelines set down by federal, state, and regional bodies pertaining to the rights of citizens with disabilities
- Acting as a resource for education around the needs of people with disabilities and their families
- Striving to build a solid community of people with disabilities to increase our visibility and lobbying power and to decrease the sense of isolation that comes from living in a rural area
- Ongoing COD Projects
- Completed COD Projects
- COD Library
- Disabilityinfo.org - This site - known as the "Index" will direct you to information on providers and services available to persons with disabilities, and is updated regularly.
- Landajob.org - This site is associated with Social Security's Ticket to Work program and lists open positions at federal contractors looking to fill their quota for people with disabilities.
- Mass 211 is a state referral phone number open 24/7 that can direct you to Mental Health resources in your area. To access it, just dial 211, and you will be connected to a call taker who will list all the programs and services in your area.