472 Main St.
Ph: (978) 929-6631
Fx: (978) 264-9630
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
The responsibilities of the Planning Department include:
- Providing wide-ranging support to the Boards and Committees of Acton
- Engaging in long-range planning for Acton
- Maintaining and further developing the Town's zoning bylaw and subdivision rules
- Enforcing the zoning and other Town bylaws
- Planning and implementing alternative transportation facilities
- Other community improvements and fulfilling various State and Federally required reporting and monitoring functions
The Planning Department conducts all statutory planning and permitting functions in a timely manner and with unbiased professionalism, fosters community pride, a sense of place and understanding, and confidence about the future direction of the Town. It also advocates sustainable growth to improve the quality of human life and lessen the burdens on wildlife and natural resources.