- Boards & Committees
- Transportation Advisory Committee
Transportation Advisory Committee
View the Transportation Advisory Committee calendar.
Meetings are typically held on the fourth Wednesday of the month
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to each meeting.
Minutes are available following approval.
View the Committee Membership List
The Transportation Advisory Committee (TAC) coordinates local transportation planning efforts and makes recommendations to the Board of Selectmen and the Planning Board on:
- Traffic issues, including local roadway problems, planning, transportation infrastructure, parking, and traffic calming
- Bicycling issues, including recreational and commuter bike-path planning, roadway bicycle use, and other bicycle access issues
- Pedestrian issues, including sidewalk planning and priorities, creating pedestrian-friendly areas, and neighborhood traffic calming
- Annual appropriation requests for transportation-related capital and operating expenses
The TAC may be called on as needed to participate in Town Meeting presentations of local transportation issues or appropriation requests, hold public meetings, and respond to specific citizen requests concerning local transportation issues or improvements. The TAC also provides assistance and support in the implementation of the goals and objectives of the Town’s Master Plan.
New Transportation Services
Dial-a-Ride and Rail Shuttle Services are available for Acton residents and operated by MinuteVan.