The Acton Public Health Department is the facilitator for the Board of Health and the Town in safeguarding the public health of the people living and working in the Town of Acton. This is accomplished by protecting and enhancing the environment and public health through education and enforcement of environmental and public health regulations.
North West Public Health Coalition – OML postings
The Town of Acton, Board of Health is a member of the North West Public Health Coalition (N.West), comprising the Health Departments of Acton, Dracut, Lowell, and Westford. The purpose of N.West is to strengthen and promote public health across its participating communities.
N.West meetings are generally held once a month via Zoom. All meetings are open to the public. Monthly meeting agendas will be posted 48 hours in advance of N.West meetings on the N.West website https://www.nwcoalition.com/. For additional information please reach out to the Health Department at 978-929-6632.
- Responding to public health nuisance complaints
- Performing inspections to ensure safe and sanitary housing
- Operating the Pre-Occupancy Housing Inspection program.
- Reviewing, permitting, and inspecting food service facilities, tanning facilities, body art facilities, public swimming pools, beaches, and camps for children
- Providing public and environmental health emergency response capabilities
- Reporting and recording communicable disease information
- Overseeing the activities of the Central Massachusetts Mosquito Control Project
- Monitoring and directing the activities of the Animal Inspector and the Sealer of Weights and Measures