The Acton Public Health Department is the facilitator for the Board of Health and the Town in safeguarding the public health of the people living and working in the Town of Acton. This is accomplished by protecting and enhancing the environment and public health through education and enforcement of environmental and public health regulations.
- Responding to public health nuisance complaints
- Performing inspections to ensure safe and sanitary housing
- Operating the Pre-Occupancy Housing Inspection program.
- Reviewing, permitting, and inspecting food service facilities, tanning facilities, body art facilities, public swimming pools, beaches, and camps for children
- Providing public and environmental health emergency response capabilities
- Reporting and recording communicable disease information
- Overseeing the activities of the Central Massachusetts Mosquito Control Project
- Monitoring and directing the activities of the Animal Inspector and the Sealer of Weights and Measures