- Boards & Committees
- Open Space Committee
Open Space Committee
Phone: (978) 929-6634 | E-mail
Please check the calendar for official meeting postings.
Meetings are typically held on the first Friday of each month at 7:30 AM.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available before each meeting.
Minutes are available following approval.
View the Committee Membership List
As recommended in the Acton Open Space and Recreation Plan, and in recognition of the pressures being placed on Acton’s remaining open space, a permanent Open Space Committee was established in 2004.The Open Space Committee is a sub-committee of the Conservation Committee, with no more than seven permanent members serving terms of three years each.Each year one Selectman and one full member of the Conservation Commission and the Planning Board will be identified as liaisons and members of the Committee.
The tasks of the Open Space Committee include:
- Advising Town Boards on land acquisition/protection opportunities, including assessment of lands associated with Article 61 and 61A offerings, land set asides associated with PCRCs, and land gifts or defaults to the Town;
- Acting as a municipal liaison with individuals and land protection advocacy groups including local, state and national land conservation trusts active in the protection of open space;
- Reach out and respond to landowners interested in selling their land for open space purposes.
- Identifying state and federal funding opportunities for open space protection;
- Acting as sponsor and/or advocate for open space protection funding proposals presented to the Town of Acton Community Preservation Committee; and
- Assisting in updating the Open Space and Recreation Plan when required.
- Acton Open Space and Recreation Plan
- Community Preservation Committee
- Acton Conservation Trust
- Sudbury Valley Trustees