- Boards & Committees
- Commission on Disabilities
Commission on Disabilities
View the Commission on Disabilities Calendar
Meetings are typically held on the third Tuesday of the month starting at 10:00 AM. Our meetings are "scent-free" out of consideration for others present. Please do not wear heavy amounts of perfume or cologne, or strongly scented hair and deodorant products.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available before each meeting.
Minutes are available following approval.
View the Committee Membership List
The Commission on Disability's (COD) mission is to make Acton a better place to live by:
- Advocating for the rights and interests of citizens with disabilities and their families
- Ensuring that Acton meets the laws, regulations, and guidelines set down by federal, state, and regional bodies pertaining to the rights of citizens with disabilities
- Acting as a resource for education around the needs of people with disabilities and their families
- Striving to build a solid community of people with disabilities to increase our visibility and lobbying power and to decrease the sense of isolation that comes from living in a rural area
- Ongoing COD Projects
- Completed COD Projects
- COD Library
- Disabilityinfo.org - This site - known as the "Index" will direct you to information on providers and services available to persons with disabilities, and is updated regularly.
- Landajob.org - This site is associated with Social Security's Ticket to Work program and lists open positions at federal contractors looking to fill their quota for people with disabilities.
- Mass 211 is a state referral phone number open 24/7 that can direct you to Mental Health resources in your area. To access it, just dial 211, and you will be connected to a call taker who will list all the programs and services in your area.
- Peer Support Line - 877-733-7563 - A friendly phone line staffed by peers, for peers. Peer Support Line operators are people like you and me, peiople who have experienced mental illness. These peer operators are trained listeners who are interested in hearing from you.
- Namimass.org - The National Alliance on Mental Illness has peer support groups in Acton, Concord, Bedford and Lexington.
- 2015 COD Annual Report
- Acton-Boxborough Special Education Parent Advisory Council
- ADA Regulations & Technical Assistance Materials
- ADA Self-Evaluation and Compliance - Open Space and Recreation Facilities
- Department of Justice ADA Home Page
- Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission
- Federation for Children with Special Needs
- Information Center for Individuals with Disabilities, Inc.
- Job Listings
- Massachusetts Office on Disability
- Massachusetts State Independent Living Council
- Minuteman Arc for Human Services
- New England ADA Technical Assistance Center
- U.S. Access Board - A Federal Agency Committed to Accessible Design