The Board of Selectmen met Monday evening and there are these updates to report.
1. Town Manager John Mangiaratti reported the Town has filed the required 100% design plan for the Kelley's Corner infrastructure project with the Massachusetts Department of Transportation. MassDOT has set December 25, 2021 to put the project out to bid and construction will begin in 2022. Construction will take approximately two years.
John further reported that as of the close of business Monday the Clerk's office had received 9,062 vote by mail ballots and that 2,555 citizens voted in-person early. The aggregate vote count of 11,517 is 69% of the Town's 16,600 registered voters. Much appreciation and many thanks goes to Town Clerk Eva Szkaradek and her staff.
2. The Board approved an allocation of $60,000 from CARES Act funds to administer the Mortgage Assistance Program which will assist twenty Acton applicants with $3,000 each toward mortgage relief through December 31, 2020.
3. The Board had an extensive discussion on a Board statement addressing racism in Acton. We expect to complete and unanimously approve the statement at a special meeting on Thursday, November 12 at noon.
4. The Board officially named Nina Pickering-Cook of Anderson & Kreiger LLP Town Counsel succeeding Steve Anderson, who is retiring.
5. The Board deferred for further discussion and a vote on the Main Street dog park site to November 16 to complete an agreement with the Isaac Davis Way neighbors on accommodations.
The Board will meet again remotely on Monday, November 16 at 7PM. Please watch for the posting of the November 12 special meeting.
Stay safe and well.
A message from the Town of Acton, Massachusetts.
472 Main Street | Acton, MA | 01720Unsubscribe