The Town of Acton received $7,072,733 in funds from the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) to address the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Acton has successfully utilized several previous funding programs to support local families and businesses and to provide resources to our public health officials and first responders. Previously $2.1M in CARES funds were allocated to programs such as contact tracing, emergency rental assistance, food security support, technology and infrastructure needs in town and school buildings, and virtual working and learning tools.
On September 13, 2021 the Select Board established a process for allocating the ARPA funds. The Board reviewed a draft list of investment priorities from an initial needs assessment and launched a community engagement process to solicit feedback from the public. After receiving this feedback the Board voted to approve an ARPA investment plan on October 18, 2021 and it was later amended on January 10, 2022. Comment periods were held in September of 2021 and again in September 2022. Several public meetings and listening sessions were held over two years. A revised ARPA investment plan was approved by the Select Board on October 3, 2022 which allocated all of the remaining funds.
- September 13, 2021 Select Board Presentation
- September 14, 2021 Acton Finance Committee Presentation
- September 20, 2021 at 7:30PM Select Board Listening Session
- September 28, 2021 Finance Committee Meeting
- October 4, 2021 Select Board Meeting
- October 14, 2021 Finance Committee Meeting
- October 18, 2021 Select Board Meeting
- January 10, 2022 Select Board Meeting
- August 22, 2022 Select Board Meeting
- September 12, 2022 Select Board Meeting Listening Session
- September 27, 2022 Finance Committee Meeting
- October 3, 2022 Select Board Meeting