Acton Business Energy Efficiency Grant Program
TO APPLY FOR ENERGY EFFICIENCY SAVINGS FOR YOUR BUSINESS:
Save on energy efficiency upgrades with ABEEG! The Acton Business Energy Efficiency Grant (ABEEG) is a Town-managed grant of up to $2,000 to cover the costs of any energy efficiency upgrades identified in an energy audit with a Mass Save Sponsor. Applying is easy, just follow the steps below. If you have any questions about the process please reach out to the Sustainability Office at 978-929-6515 or by emailing email@example.com.
STEP 1: Sign up for an energy efficiency audit with a Mass Save Sponsor like AECOM, the official Acton Business Eversource sponsor, by NOVEMBER 25, 2023. To sign up, visit: bit.ly/AuditReg
STEP 2: Once you have your audit scheduled, apply for the additional savings of up to $2,000 through the Town by filling out the following form: bit.ly/ABEEGapp. The Town will reach out to notify you if your business is qualified. Once you have completed the free audit, we will confirm the amount that the Town will contribute.
To learn more about eligibility and other details about the program please continue reading.
ABEEG Deadline Extended to November 25, 2023!
DETAILS ABOUT THE TOWN-MANAGED GRANT:
The Acton Select Board approved the use of ARPA funds to support energy efficiency improvements for businesses as part of the Acton Business Energy Efficiency Grant Program (ABEEG). ABEEG will provide eligible business owners in Acton with reimbursement grants up to $2,000 to mitigate the financial impacts of improving the energy efficiency of their physical location. The Town will allocate up to $20,000 for this program.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, starting September 11, 2023 to November 25, 2023. Grant awards will be announced in the order that applications were received between September-December, 2023. Communication regarding this grant program and the award responses will be sent out via email so please provide an email address that will be monitored.
You must schedule an energy audit with a Mass Save Sponsor like AECOM, in coordination with the landlord of the property, in order to submit your application for this grant program. Grants are provided on a reimbursement basis for approved expenses incurred during the period of September 11, 2023 through May 23, 2024.
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible:
- Be an Acton business with a brick-and-mortar (physical) location.
- Self-certify that the business has less than $1,500,000 in annual net revenue.
- Be registered with and operating in the Town of Acton (excluding chains but franchises allowed; franchise being defined as a business whereby the owner licenses its operations—along with its products, branding, and knowledge—in exchange for a franchise fee).
- Be current on their local taxes.
Energy Efficiency Grant Requirements:
- To apply for the program, business owners and property owners must be current on their taxes with the Town of Acton and provide the following:
- Grant Program Application
- Proof of Acton business address
- Proof that Mass Save Audit has been scheduled
- Self-certification of Annual Net Revenue
- Once accepted into the program, Business Owners must:
- Provide a copy of the customized Energy Savings Proposal they receive from Mass Save after the energy audit.
- Complete the reimbursement request form by May 23, 2024 along with copies of paid receipts and send to Andrea Becerra at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reimbursement checks will be distributed to grant recipients within 45 days of approved reimbursement request.
- Only submit items for reimbursement that are not paid for by or reimbursed by another source or entity.
- Only submit items for reimbursement that were recommended as part of the Mass Save Energy Audit.
- Record a video highlighting the energy upgrades completed by the business and/or a written narrative of the experience to share on the Town website and social media.
Energy Efficiency Grant Program Process:
- Business or Property Owners apply to be accepted as grant recipients in the program by providing the required documents listed above.
- Business or Property Owners will contact Mass Save and undergo their energy audit.
- Business or Property Owners will select the energy savings measures they want to implement from the Mass Save Energy Audit recommendations.
- Business or Property Owners will choose vendors and implement their chosen measures from the Mass Save Energy Audit recommendations.
- Business or Property Owners will submit receipts and reimbursement form to receive reimbursement for up to $2,000 of the cost of the implementation of their chosen measures
- Business or Property Owners record their experience and/or write a narrative on the experience.