News Flash Home
The original item was published from 3/22/2020 12:30:00 PM to 3/22/2020 12:35:50 PM.
Acton Town News
Posted on: March 22, 2020
[ARCHIVED] COVID-19 Update - March 22, 2020 12:00PM
A daily update on the Town of Acton's response to the COVID-19 situation
Acton's COVID-19 Information Center
COVID-19 Response Updates for March 22, 2020 12:00 PM
- No confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Acton
- Per order of the Board of Health all playgrounds and playing fields are closed until further notice.
- Board of Health and Board of Selectmen voted to declare a local state of emergency. View the declaration here https://www.acton-ma.gov/DocumentCenter/View/6269/March-2020-Declaration-of-Local-Emergency
- Board of Health closed all personal care services which cannot be provided at a distance of at least six (6) feet effective Saturday, March 21, 2020 including hairdressers, nail salons, massage services, body art. View the full order here: https://www.acton-ma.gov/DocumentCenter/View/6270/boh-ban-effective-March-21st-at-8am
- The Board of Health is meeting Monday evening and the Board of Selectmen is meeting Tuesday evening. Check the agenda listing for info on how to participate virtually.
- View updated information on available food resources at www.actonma.gov/covid19 under our Community Resources information
- A new video showing some of the measures we are taking as a community is available here: www.actonma.gov/covid19
- New COVID-19 related resources available for businesses at www.actonma.gov/business
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet between yourself and others to help decrease the transmission of COVID-19. This includes limiting social gatherings to no more than 10 people in one location.
For comprehensive listing of updates go to Acton’s COVID-19 Information Center: www.actonma.gov/covid19