News Flash Home
The original item was published from 3/25/2020 8:51:16 AM to 4/25/2023 9:06:58 AM.
Acton Town News
Posted on: March 25, 2020
[ARCHIVED] COVID-19 Update March 25, 2020 8:30 AM
A daily update on the Town of Acton's response to the COVID-19 situation
Acton's COVID-19 Information Center
COVID-19 Updates for March 25, 2020 8:30 AM
- No confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Acton.
- Acton’s Annual Town Election has been postponed until June 2, 2020 which is also the new date for the Special State Election. Voters are encouraged to vote by mail through absentee or early voting. For more details go to http://actonma.gov/elections
- Board of Selectmen voted to work with the Board of Health to temporarily suspend the plastic bag ban until July 1, 2020. The Board of Health meets on Thursday.
- Governor Baker and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health both issued a “Stay-at-home Advisory” effective 03/24/2020 at noon. All residents are being asked to only leave their home for essential needs such as food, pharmacy and healthcare services as well as COVID-19 essential workers, to name a few. Please see the full MDPH Advisory and Governor Bakers list of COVID-19 Essential Services for further guidelines to help decrease the spread of community acquired COVID-19.
- The Board of Health have ordered that all portable bathrooms and public bathrooms, not in support of essential services, shall remain closed during this public health emergency.
- The Finance Department published COVID-19 related FAQs on its web page: https://actonma.gov/DocumentCenter/View/6282/COVID-19-FAQ-Finance-3-23-2020?bidId=
- The transfer station is operating at normal hours with social distancing practices in place.
- All town buildings remain closed to the public.
- Many of Acton’s restaurants remain open for takeout and delivery. Visit www.actonrestaurantweek.com for more details.
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet between yourself and others to help decrease the transmission of COVID-19.
- Stay tuned to the Town of Acton’s FM radio station WAEM 94.9 as we are starting to broadcast public meetings and other current information and programming.
- For the most up to date information of COVID-19 via text messages from state officials text COVIDMA to 888-777
Comprehensive listing of service updates at Acton’s COVID-19 Information Center: http://www.actonma.gov/covid19