News Flash Home
The original item was published from 3/27/2020 9:44:00 AM to 4/25/2023 9:06:58 AM.
Acton Town News
Posted on: March 27, 2020
[ARCHIVED] COVID-19 Update March 27, 2020 9:00 AM
A daily update on the Town of Acton's response to the COVID-19 situation
Acton's COVID-19 Information Center
COVID-19 Updates for March 27, 2020 9:00 AM
- There is 1 confirmed case of COVID-19 in Acton.
- ActonTV produced an informational video called the "The Epidemic and You" with commentary from local medical professionals. View the video here http://www.actonma.gov/covid19
- Acton’s Annual Town Election has been postponed until June 2, 2020 which is also the new date for the Special State Election. Voters are encouraged to vote by mail through absentee or early voting. For more details go to http://actonma.gov/election
- Board of Selectmen and Board of Health voted to temporarily suspend enforcement of the local plastic bag ban until July 1, 2020.
- The Board of Selectmen approved a temporary emergency policy directive for public employees and public meetings and public hearings for remote participation. This policy is available online at http://www.actonma.gov/covid19
- The Finance Department published COVID-19 related FAQs on its web page: https://www.acton-ma.gov/132/Finance
- The transfer station is operating at normal hours with restrictions in place to implement social distancing practices.
- A live broadcast of the Senior Center program called "Java with John" will be held today at 10am broadcast on ActonTV’s youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/actontv1 and our radio station WAEM 94.9 FM. This program will provide updates on Town of Acton’s response to COVID-19 and provide an opportunity for seniors and residents to ask questions virtually. It will also be shown later on Acton TV
- All town buildings, playgrounds, recreation fields, and the skate park remain closed to the public.
- Many of Acton’s restaurants remain open for takeout and delivery. Visit www.actonrestaurantweek.com for more details.
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet between yourself and others to help decrease the transmission of COVID-19.
- Stay tuned to the Town of Acton’s FM radio station WAEM 94.9 as we are broadcasting public meetings and other current information and programming.
- For the most up to date information of COVID-19 via text messages from state officials text COVIDMA to 888-777
Comprehensive listing of service updates at Acton’s COVID-19 Information Center: http://www.actonma.gov/covid19