News Flash Home
The original item was published from 4/1/2020 8:24:29 PM to 4/25/2023 9:06:58 AM.
Acton Town News
Posted on: April 1, 2020
[ARCHIVED] COVID-19 Update April 1, 2020 8:30 PM
A daily update on the Town of Acton's response to the COVID-19 situation
Acton's COVID-19 Information Center
COVID-19 Updates for April 1, 2020 8:30 PM
- The are a total of 5 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Acton that have been reported from the Mass Department of Public Health to the Town of Acton. Due to privacy concerns individual details are not provided.
- The Board of Health is sending a town-wide letter to inform all residents about how to lower their risk of coronavirus infection. A copy of the letter is available at http://www.actonma.gov/covid19
- Many of Acton’s restaurants remain open for takeout and delivery. Visit www.actonrestaurantweek.com for more details.
- The Board of Health reminds all residents that all playgrounds and recreational facilities are closed and residents should not be congregating at these locations. Do your part, as everyone in Acton has a role in helping to contain the spread. We need to limit exposure to all of our residents from this highly contagious virus. Our rail trails and conservation areas remain open but residents are reminded to practice social distancing at all times.
- Increasing awareness of social distancing at our public parks is a priority. We have taken several measures at the direction of the Board of Health to limit public contact with tables and other surfaces at our parks. All picnic tables at NARA Park and all other recreation areas will be removed from service at this time. Available parking at NARA Park will be reduced, with several of the larger lots temporarily closed.
- The Acton Board of Health is accepting applications for medical and non-medical volunteers to become members of the Town of Acton’s Medical Reserve Corps (MRC). An MRC is a network of residents and professionals who are interested in serving the Town of Acton and beyond by providing medical, public and mental health support during an emergency. A member of the MRC will benefit from free training and continuing education in areas including but not limited to CPR/first aid, sheltering, incident command system, and personal protection during an emergency. The MRC will also become familiar with local emergency plans, procedures and facilities. An MRC member may choose to stay local or be a part of a regional or nationwide response team. Please contact the Acton Health Division at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like an application or have any questions.
- All town buildings, playgrounds, recreation fields, and the skate park remain closed to the public.
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet between yourself and others to help decrease the transmission of COVID-19.
- Stay tuned to the Town of Acton’s FM radio station WAEM 94.9 as we are broadcasting public meetings and other current information and programming.
- For the most up to date information of COVID-19 via text messages from state officials text the word "COVIDMA" to the phone number 888-777
Comprehensive listing of service updates at Acton’s COVID-19 Information Center: http://www.actonma.gov/covid19