News Flash Home
The original item was published from 4/5/2020 9:20:50 PM to 4/6/2020 10:12:15 AM.
Acton Town News
Posted on: April 5, 2020
[ARCHIVED] COVID-19 Update April 3, 2020 9:15 PM
An update on the Town of Acton's response to the COVID-19 situation
Acton's COVID-19 Information Center
COVID-19 Updates for April 5, 2020 9:15 PM
- The are a total of 15 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Acton that have been reported from the Mass Department of Public Health to the Town of Acton. View more details from Acton Public Health about the reporting of confirmed cases: https://www.acton-ma.gov/DocumentCenter/View/6306/Acton-COVID-Case-Reporting-Info Due to privacy concerns individual details are not provided.
- The Board of Health affirmed orders to close fields and playgrounds. View the order here: https://www.acton-ma.gov/DocumentCenter/View/6305/April-2-Updated-BOH-closure-of-town-fields
- Many of Acton’s restaurants remain open for takeout and delivery. Visit www.actonrestaurantweek.com for more a current list of options.
- An Act to Address Challenges Faced by Municipalities and State Authorities Resulting From COVID-19 signed into law by Governor Baker this afternoon. Here is a link: https://www.mass.gov/doc/chapter-53-of-the-acts-of-2020/download
- The Board of Health reminds all residents that all playgrounds and recreational facilities are closed and residents should not be congregating at these locations. Do your part, as everyone in Acton has a role in helping to contain the spread. We need to limit exposure to all of our residents from this highly contagious virus. Our rail trails and conservation areas remain open but residents are reminded to practice social distancing at all times.
- All town buildings, playgrounds, recreation fields, and the skate park remain closed to the public.
- Annual Town Election Early Voting Applications are available here https://www.actonma.gov/598/Elections-Voting
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet between yourself and others to help decrease the transmission of COVID-19.
- Stay tuned to the Town of Acton’s FM radio station WAEM 94.9 as we are broadcasting public meetings and other current information and programming.
- For the most up to date information of COVID-19 via text messages from state officials text the word "COVIDMA" to the phone number 888-777
Comprehensive listing of service updates at Acton’s COVID-19 Information Center: http://www.actonma.gov/covid19