Confirmed COVID-19 Cases
Governor Baker’s Reopening Plan
Emergency Orders Requiring Face Coverings
Java with John Program - May 15th
COVID-19 Emergency Grants for Residents
- The Acton Boxborough United Way has announced further details on the COVID-19 Emergency funding now available for Acton and Boxborough residents. Frequently Asked Questions about the A-B United Way COVID-19 Emergency Grants for Residents. How to Donate to the COVID-19 Impact Fund from Acton-Boxborough United Way
View the current list of available food resources Food Resources
Acton Town Services Hotline 978-929-6619
- We have established a central customer service hotline called the Acton Town Services hotline to provide one number to call that can provide answers to various questions related COVID-19 and also connect callers to resources about questions about town services in general. The Acton Town Services hotline number is 978-929-6619.
Update on Voting for June 2nd Elections
- The polls will be open from 7AM to 8PM for the town election and the special state representative election (Precincts 3, 4 and 5) on June 2nd and all six precincts will vote at the RJ Grey Junior High School. Please consider the vote early by mail option. The link to the vote by mail application is here: https://www.acton-ma.gov/DocumentCenter/View/6288/2020-Municipal-Early-Ballot-Application. In addition, the vote by mail application will also appear on the last page of the Town’s Municipal Monthly newsletter which will be mailed to all households later this week.
Tax Bill Deadline Extended
In accordance with the Act to Address Challenges Faced by Municipalities and State Authorities Resulting from COVID-19, signed on Friday, April 3, the Town is exercising the option made available by the legislation to extend the due date of tax payments. The Board of Selectmen voted to extend the tax bill deadline from May 1, 2020 to June 1, 2020. If such tax bills are unpaid after June 1, 2020, all fees and interest shall be waived as long as the amount due is paid by June 30, 2020
Bills can be paid:
- Online at https://epay.cityhallsystems.com/selection
- By using the drop box at Town Hall, located at 472 Main St. Payments dropped in the drop boxes should be in the form of check or money order; please do not put cash in the drop boxes.
- By mailing the payment directly to Acton Town Hall, 472 Main St., Acton, MA 01720.
- Residents who have questions regarding their bill can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Restaurants Temporarily Allowed to Sell Groceries in Acton
- The Board of Selectmen and Board of Health approved an emergency order allowing restaurants to sell groceries during the local state of emergency. This action is one of several small business relief measures being considered. Additional details will be posted online tomorrow at http://www.actonma.gov/covid19.
Town Offices, Facilities and Recreation Spaces
All town buildings, playgrounds, recreation fields, NARA Park, and the skate park remain closed to the public while Massachusetts’s State of Emergency is in effect. The closures are being ordered out of an abundance of caution in order to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and promote social distancing. Rail trails and conservation trails remain open, but residents are encouraged to practice social distancing and not congregate in groups if they are using the trails. Town Hall services are still operational and staff is available during normal hours throughout the work week. Please call 978-929-6620 or use www.actonma.gov to contact staff.
Transfer Station Hours
The Acton Transfer Station has adjusted operating hours and is open Monday through Saturday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. This adds Monday as a new day of service for residents. The first hour of operation (7-8 a.m. of each day) is designated for seniors only. For more information on the Transfer Station and Recycling Center, please call 978-929-7742.
Donations of Personal Protective Equipment
Town officials would like to express their gratitude for residents and local businesses who have donated masks and other personal protective equipment (PPE) to the Town.
Acton’s Public Safety Facility, 371 Main St., is ready to serve as a central drop-off point for PPE including home-made masks. Those looking to make a donation should call 978-929-7711 to coordinate a drop-off. The Public Safety Facility remains closed to the public for all non-emergency business until further notice. Residents should continue to call 911 during any emergency and first responders will respond as always.
Reminder from Acton Memorial Library about Online Offerings
Acton Fourth of July Celebration and other NARA Park Events Cancelled
Due to public health concerns all concerts and special events scheduled through July 15th have been postponed or cancelled. The following events are cancelled: Chinese Music and Dance Night, June 12th; Classical Concert, June 17th; Beach Party Blast, June 20th; and Foreigners Journey, June 26th; Independence Day Celebration, 4th of July.
View archive of previously posted daily COVID19 updates here