News Flash Home
The original item was published from 11/18/2021 2:04:37 PM to 4/27/2023 4:45:05 PM.
Acton Town News
Posted on: November 18, 2021
[ARCHIVED] Upcoming Pediatric Covid-19 Vaccination Clinic Information
The Town of Acton is hosting a vaccination clinic on Saturday, November 20th.
The Town of Acton is hosting a Pediatric Covid-19 Vaccination Clinic on Saturday, November 20th from 9 AM to 3 PM at the R.J. Grey Junior High located at 16 Charter Road . This Clinic is for Acton Residents ages 5-11 year olds. Vaccine is limited and pre-registration is required at https://home.color.com/vaccine/register/acton. Once appointments are filled, the registration will be closed. Please read the information below for further instructions for the clinic.
- Park in the lower JH lot, the back JH lot by Leary Field, or across the street in the Parker Damon Building lot.
- No parking will be available in the circle by the front doors, as we need to keep that area clear.
- Do not arrive early. Families will not be admitted until their assigned time.
- If you do arrive early, wait in your car until your appointment time.
- Enter through the front doors of the building.
Protocols Inside the Building
- Masks are required.
- Physical distancing is expected.
- Unless you have multiple children with vaccine appointments, only one parent is permitted due to physical distancing requirements.
- At your assigned time, enter the JH and register at the registration table.
- Only parents/guardians (no older siblings, neighbors, friends, etc.) are permitted to accompany their child.
At the Vaccine Station
- Parents should plan to sit in the chair with their younger child in their lap and use a bear hug (see CDC suggestions here) to comfort their child during the injection.
- We have 600 vaccine appointments scheduled per day, so appointments are quick. If your child is not receptive to the vaccine when we attempt to administer it, a large vaccine clinic may not be the best place for them to receive their Covid vaccine, and we will have to move on to the next vaccine appointment.
After Your Child Receives the Vaccine
- You and your child(ren) will be directed to a waiting area for 15 minutes of observation.
A staff member will dismiss you after the waiting period.