The Select Board is seeking members to serve on the Human Services Committee.
The Town of Acton is seeking members to serve on the Human Services Committee. This newly formed committee has been established to support, strengthen, and empower the community by ensuring access to a comprehensive range of community-based health and human services.
The Committee shall advise the Select Board on the following goals and priorities:
1. To advocate for and support the role of the Human Services Department in the town of Acton;
2. To identify and prioritize unmet and emerging human service needs in the community;
3. To advise the Select Board and educate the community at large regarding these community trends/needs;
4. To stimulate the development of new programs, services, and initiatives by public and private entities and/or partnerships to address human service-related needs in Acton;
5. To recommend human services-related funding and best practices to the Select Board and Town Meeting members.
Desirable qualities/experiences for consideration include:
• Interest in Human Services in a municipal setting;
• Human services management, planning, evaluation, and/or provision;
• Education, prevention, and intervention services as they relate to social issues and mental health;
• Knowledge of the Acton community and human services-related needs.
Interested citizens without such experience will also be considered.
Individuals interested in any opening should fill out an application.https://www.actonma.gov/DocumentCenter/View/375/Volunteer-Application?bidId=
For a full description of the committee charge please visit https://www.acton-ma.gov/Jobs.aspx?UniqueId=97&From=All&CommunityJobs=False&JobID=Human-Services-Committee-329.
For more information about the Human Services Committee contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-929-6611